Friday, July 9, 2010

Recap of the Week

From the first day of class, I was probably a bit nervous, because i am normally a very shy person. I like how we went around and introduced ourselves; it made me feel a bit better. I love the seminar we did on Thursday and how we actually got to take a part in participating in the conversation and putting out our own ideas and comments. It made me realize that certain things happen for a reason. We talked about success and how to achieve it. I think that the key to success is hard work. Everything requires work and you have to work hard to get what you want and need in life. Nothing is handed to you on a silver platter. Encouragement is always a boost when it comes to success. You always need some sort of pep talk or words from the wise to make things a little easier on your part. As for today, Friday, we participated in another seminar and we also played a game similar to our topic. Everyone either plays a victim or a creator in their lives. Life is what we make it, so make the decision that works better for you, but also make sure it's a wise one. Otherwise you just may regret it.

3 comments:

  1. I was also very shy when the class first started. Now that everyone is getting to know each other I am starting to feel a lot more comfortable. I agree that encouragement is always a good thing. Sometimes when you're feeling down it is nice to know that you're doing things right and that someone is noticing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina-
    I would have never guessed you were shy! You seemed very outgoing and sweet to me.
    I agree with you that you always have to work for success and nothing is ever handed to you. We talked a little bit about this together today. Especially in sports, we are going to have to work really hard to achieve success. This applies in the classroom as well! I think you have what it takes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful comments, Christina, and I agree with Lauren--you haven't seemed shy in class, and I am so glad you are jumping right in. I am definitely a shy person, too, but I love real conversations. I think you are right that we all need some encouragement to take risks and to face challenges--maybe encouragement to remember that who we are is already good, no matter what happens, and that it's okay to fail sometimes as long as we keep striving to reach worthwhile goals.

    ReplyDelete