Saturday, July 17, 2010

An Open Mind In College && The World

The one point that I would like to cover from the topics in class is life in college. College is such a huge step from high school and how things change, like your surroundings, people and other things. The one main point that I want to hit on is that how your surroundings are different. From high school, you have all your friends, favorite teachers and all the things you love to do. Coming to college for the first time, you never know what to expect until you have been here for a while before it was your time to actually come. I know from my freshman year, I was really nervous and scared for the fact that I was coming from a real small town and entering a big school.

I didn't know what to expect at first because I never learned to have the courage with meeting and making new friends as well as teachers/professors. I am really happy that I have loosened up and made myself have an open mind. With my open mind, I am more opened to new things, such as friends, cultures and sexualities. In this society, we just have to learn to be more open to new things, even colleges and different cultures and such. An open mind creates a new me!!

3 comments:

  1. This was a great topic to cover from this weeks classes Christina!
    I love what you said about not knowing what to expect and leaving what you are used to! I definately know how you feel because I came here from so far away!
    Great post :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that coming to college can be a very hard transition. I always traveled a lot when I still lived at home and I wouldn't see my parents for a long period of time. Even though I was used to the distance it was still hard to be away from my mom. I think this is a good blog especially for a lot of the incoming freshman in our class

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely reflection. I agree with Alicia, too; I appreciate you sharing your perspective with the new freshmen.

    ReplyDelete